The Strongest Lock on the Block
When it comes to strength and durability, SARGENT continues to set standards
with the 8200 Mortise lock. The 8200 far surpasses ANSI/BHMA A156.3
Series 1000 Grade 1 standards, making it the strongest and most durable
mortise lock in the industry
Strength & Security
* Far Exceeds ANSI/BHMA A156.13 Series 1000 Grade 1 and Security Grade
1. Meets various higher security detention standards such as ASTM impact
for latchbolt (Level 1) and deadbolt (Level 3) compoments
* Cycle Test - Exceeds 8 million cycles!
* No lever sag
* 1 piece hardened stainless steel deadbolt with 1" projection
* Stainless steel 3/4" projection one piece anti-friction reversibile
* Through-bolted lever trim for increased security
* Torx® and spanner screws
* Classroom and hospital security functions available
SARGENT's full range of Cylindrical Locks are precision engineered
to deliver security and dependablity, long-term performance in all standard,
heavy duty, or extra heavy duty applications. Wide choices of styles,
finishes and trims are available.
|The finishes listed below are not available on all items.
The most commonly stocked items are in Satin Chrome (626) Bright Brass
(605) and Oil Rubbed Bronze (613) Other finish's listed are for the most
part special order items and can take 4-6 week lead time.
SARGENT bored-in locks offer a complete line
of both Grade 1 and Grade 2 lever and knob locks. A wide choice of styles,
finishes, and trim available (some special order) Please visit the Sargent
Lock website for a more comprehensive list of available Sargent
The items below are several examples of Sargent Hardware that we sell
and install on commercial buildings.
TZONE (11 Line)
No lever sag after 8 million cycles.
The SARGENT T-Zone sets a higher standard for Grade 1 bored-in locks.
The unique T-Zone construction provides unequalled strength and durability
for the most demanding applications such as schools and hospitals. This
is accomplished by true interlocking between the lockbody and the latch
far exceeding the 156.2Series 4000 Grade 1 standards like no other lock
Maximum Strength & Durability
* True interlocking between the cast/ machined stainless steel lockbody
and latch. Provides unequalled strength and durability
* Independent Testing proves: - Exceeds 10 TIMES ANSI/ BHMA A156.2 Grade
1 standard for cycle testing. Over 8 MILLION cycles!
* Withstands 3-1/2 TIMES ANSI/ BHMA A156.2 Grade 1 torque force on a
locked lever. Over 3000 in/lbs!
* Virtually no lever sag even after 8 million cycles
* In a class of its own! This lock raises the bar and sets new standards!
* 10 Year limited warranty. No service required to maintain warranty
A perfect "10." The SARGENT 10 Line
is a heavy duty cylindrical key-in-lever handle lockset exceeds by five
times the ANSI 156.2 Series 4000 Grade 1 standards. At over 4 million
cycles, the 10 Line beats the competitor by 30%. As for abusive force,
this lock endures more than two times the standard without allowing
entry. The 10 line trim is designed to conform to national and state
fire and handicapped requirements.
Best overall lock in the Grade 2 class.
Standard duty lock designed for interior and exterior applications in
public buildings, medical offices, hotels/motels and government facilities.
Exceeds ANSI/BHMA A156.2 standards for cycling.
high grade cylindrical deadbolt which meets ANSI A156.5 Grade 1 requirements.
* Fits 1-3/8" (35 mm) to 1-3/4" (44 mm) thick standard; For
doors over 1-3/4" (44 mm) consult factory (2-1/4" Thick door
* Door Prep: Fits 161 (standard) cut outs and Fits 160 with 2-3/8"
backset with 1" front and for 1-3/8" think door
* Backsets: 2-3/4" (70 mm) standard. 2-3/8" (60 mm) available
* Strike: Wrought brass, bronze or stainless steel
* Bolt: Solid steel with hardened steel pin insert and nickel silver
plating; 7/8" (22 mm) x 5/8" (16 mm) throw
* Cylinder: Brass, 6 pin. 2 nickel silver keys
* Masterkeying: Can be masterkeyed. Construction key system available
* Specification: Meets ANSI A156.5 Grade 1 requirements with 408 or
* Front: Wrought brass, bronze or stainless steel 2-1/4" (64 mm)
dia.; 60, 63, 64 prefix housing; brass and zinc, two piece. Concealed
screws on double cylinder function
* UL/cUL Listed: UL listed to US and Canadian safety standards
* Positive pressure: Conforms to standards UL 10 C and UBC 7-2 (1997)
* 1 3/8 inch to 1 3/4 inch thick doors standard.
* Meets ANSI A156.5 Grade 1 requirements.
* 2 3/4 inch backset standard, 2 3/8 available (20 prefix).
* Solid steel bolt with hardened steel pin insert and nickel silver
* Brass cylinder, 6-pin. 2 nickel silver keys.
medium grade cylindrical deadbolt, which meets Grade 2 ANSI 156.5 1000
* For Doors: 1-3/4" (44 mm) to 2-3/8" (61 mm)
* Door Prep: 1-1/2" dia. (38 mm) hole standard for all functions;
2-1/8" dia. hole (161 door prep) for 474 and 475 only with adapter
* Backsets: 2-3/8" or 2-3/4" adjustable backset
* Strike: 406 Strike standard. Alternates available
* Bolt: Brass with hardened steel pin; 5/8" (16 mm) x 13/16"
(21 mm) x 1" (25 mm) throw
* Cylinder: Brass, 6 pin cylinder
* Masterkeying: Can be masterkeyed. Construction key system available.
* Front: Stamped brass strike 2-1/4 " x 1" wide with filler
for 1-1/8" wide
* Hand: Universal - non handed
Designed to meet ANSI/BHMA Grade 2
Doors - 1-3/8" (35mm) to 1-3/4" (44mm) thick only
* Backsets - 2-3/4" (70mm) standard fits 161 cutout 2-3/8"
(60mm) available fits 160 cutout
* Strike - Brass and stainless steel 2-3/4" (70mm) x 1-1/8"
(29mm) with strike box
* Bolt - Solid brass 5/8" (16mm) x 13/16" x 1" (25mm)
throw; Hardened steel pin
* Cylinder - Brass, 6-pin. 2 keys per lock
* Cylinder Housing - Steel reinforced. Plated
* Masterkeying - Can be masterkeyed. Construction key system available
* Case - 15/16" steel
* Hand - Universal – non handed
* Front - Brass and stainless steel; 2-1/4" (57mm) x 1-1/8"
(29mm) wide with filler
* Turn Lever - Non ferrous
SARGENT 4870 Series Deadbolt is a heavy duty deadbolt that assures safety
* For Doors 1 3/4 in (44 mm) standard (For thicker doors, consult factory)
* 2-3/4 in. backset only
* Strike: 480, 3-1/2" x 1-1/8" with strike box
* Cylinder: Brass 6 pin 2 keys per lock
* Cylinder ring: 97 furnished standard, 1 KB rosette available on order
* Case: Heavy wrought steel; .093 thick, protected with a zinc dichromate
front: Brass, bronze, stainless steel, 4-5/8 in. x 1-1/ 8". Adjustable
for flat or beveled doors (bevel adjustment 1/8", in 2 in)
* Non-handed, completely reversible
* Thumb-turn: No. 130W furnished standard
* UL/cUL Listed: Listed for use on fire doors